Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bridal Shower Bliss


Last weekend, I was thrown the most incredible Bridal Shower I could have ever asked for, by Mrs Jenny St John and Mrs Jana Hever. It was such a precious git to be surrounded by such lovely, fun, fantastic women. I was thankful not only for their generous gifts, but their willingness to celebrate me and my marriage. I felt undeserving and incredibly lucky.

The girls left little notes in a jar for me with marital advice and memories written on them.
Here were some of my favorite memories:

Katie: "Making up a song the night before Christmas. All night long."

Alex: "That time we had a full blown funeral for your fish in the backyard
and the time we recorded our own version on American Idol"

Katelyn: "In High School, you always wanted to go to the dances and I never did. But we would go anyway. :)"
"Also, Tasting those rice-cake thingies for the first time in Mrs Gregory's class and offending her when we laughed at them."

Valeria: "When I first met Stephanie, me and another friend were singing Christina Aguilera  in our CATS costumes before rehearsal when this beautiful kitty just jumps in and joins us. Little did I know that this beautiful woman would become my best friend."

Kimberly: "the time we went to Universal and didn't go on any rides, just danced with old ladies and got videotaped by Chinese tourists."

Ellie: "Painting and singing and dancing with you."


Here were some of my favorite words of wisdom (unfortunately they were anonymous) 

"Be the first to say you are sorry!! Be the first to forgive!! Stay thankful.."

"Seek Him first together. Always look for the good in each other before letting yourself get upset. Take adventures together!"

"1. My Aunt gave me some practical advice: "Never talk about serious or hard things when you two are tired or hungry. "It's so true! 
2.Be intentional about finding and trying new hobbies you can do together."
3. get to know other young married couples."

"When you have a conflict, before you speak, say these three things to yourself: 'Jake loves God. Jake loves me. Jake wants to do right.' Your perspective will be better and your words will be sweeter!"


See what I mean? I have amazingly wise ladies pouring into me.
 

A special thanks to my girl Katleyn Hever who led the whole party in a bridal quiz.. so much fun! I sure know how to pick a Maid of Honor!


All of my girlfriends are crazy gorgeous. But don't be fooled. They're just as pretty inside as they are out.

Look at these beautiful women of wisdom surrounding me. They are too cool.
  

To all my girls: thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will treasure this day!


No comments:

Post a Comment