Monday, July 16, 2012

Henry's Life Story


So if you are ever on facebook you are aware that I am obsessed with my puppy, Henry. Obsessed. I thought he deserved his own life story on my blog. Obviously. So here it is, my tale of my Henyr boy so far.



My sweet Henry was born in the Carolina springtime to Jake's parents' hunting dogs, Duke and Dutchess. He was the runt, nursed to health by Jake's dad. I met him and his brothers and sisters when he was just a couple weeks old.

This is Hector, Henry, and Lucy in my arms.

He was only this big when we broght him home with us to Memphis.
We brought baby Henry to Overton Park everyday. He ran in the green, made new friends, played and grew.


Here we are at the Memphis Pizza Cafe. Wherever we took Henry, he was a huge hit. He's freaking adorable and everyone wanted to touch his puppy self. Memphis was such a cool, artsy, walk-everywhere-take-your-dog-if-you-want place. I'm happy we got to raise him there for a while, even if it was during finals and graduation.


I bonded to my little guy there in Memphis. We watched a lot of Ceasar Millan and Free Willy. We cuddled at night, danced, and found thrift stores on our walks together. I was his momma and he knew it: he still likes me best because of those early days, I think.


He adjusted well to life in Orlando, and was eager to befriend our veteran doggie, Tucker. Tucker did not and does not share this desire. He maintains a deep hatred for Henry.

Now my Henry is getting big. He loves playing with my brother Michael and his daddy Jake. He swims in the pool, and is, in general, crazy. He is just now beginning to love swimming, which is the funnest thing to do with him. I'm going to be very sad when he gets too big to hold. I think I'm going to try and lift him anyways, even when he's full grown.

And he will love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment